Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Safari

MikeWhy wrote:
"-MIKE-" wrote in message
As OS goes, MS has been transparently and ineptly trying to copy
Mac OS for 25 years. And as you put it, "that's a simple fact."

?! Do you mean with a mouse centric GUI? API? Drivers and peripherals
interface? File systems? Which part of the OS?

1983, 25 years ago, was the hey day of MSDOS, the birth of the IBM PC,
and the beginning of the end for CP/M. The Lisa came out about then, and
crashed and burned. Windows and the first Mac appeared shortly after.
Desqview was still in the running (briefly), and if you ask me, it was
the better product and closer to Windows than the Mac's one button
mouse. If you're talking about the mouse and the GUI, you'll have to
credit not Apple and Mac, but Xerox PARC.

I have a long history of buying Apple products, all of them harbingers
of things to come, but years before the world was ready for them, and
years before the technology was available to support the vision. The
Mac, Newton, and even the original ipod all led the way. This is to
Apple's credit. What they don't have, though, is dominant marketshare.
This is the simple fact.

Yes, the interface. They have always lagged behind and copy Mac... and
still do.

There you go with market share again. Who cares about that?
Go ahead and buy something because everyone else does. Jump off the
bridge.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)