Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
AL A AL A is offline

Default Sanford & Sons Junk Yard

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
AL A fired this volley in news:gjen1j$qou$1
@news.motzarella.org:

Almost the same. Yours is probably an earlier vintage. Mine has the
same collars, but a cam-lock toggle lever to do the locking. I was
referring to the lever.

However, I think the collar would be pretty easy to fab, too; maybe
with a smidge of welding or riveting.

LLoyd

Yep, the collar part looks really easy to make from a poece of round
stock, it is those "ears" that do the clamping that are a bit trickier.
Welding seemed to me the way to do it. I don't have any aluminum welding
capability here, but have access to someone who can do that for me. This
would need very little welding, should be quick & easy.

This is a "tier 2" project, meaning that it is not a priority thing. I
have a nice tripod already, another Bogen, in fact. So I don't really
NEED this one. It just bugs me to have it hanging around incomplete.
I'm sure you understand...