David Hall

Default chess board needs some pieces...

Grandpa jsdebooATcomcast.net wrote in message ...
Instead of turning them, how about a 3D (compound) set cut on a scroll
saw? Diana Thompson has a few good ideas in her book on that sublect.

SNIP
So now that I have a surprisingly good looking chess board (by my low
standards, granted , I want to do more with it than planned. Instead of
just building a crude little free-standing box to hold the very crappy,
feather light chess pieces from that $2 set, I want to build this board
into a box of some sort (either as a hinged lid, or as the top of the
carcass for a miniature set of drawers), and populate it with nice pieces.
Nothing _too_ nice, mind you, because this is supposed to be a rough duty
travel set, but something a step above these extremely cheap ones.

SNIP

There is a description and scaled outlines for a compound cut set
using a bandsaw (or I suppose a scrollsaw) at the following site:

http://www.shopsmith.com/sshowgrp-90...03f6897a18450a

You can size them to fit whatever board size you have.
Dave Hall