Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default ACQ lumber experience

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 07:17:57 -0500, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 05:39:34 -0600, "DanG" wrote:

Please show me any article that shows creosote being illegal or
restricted. Coal tar creosote treatment of wood ties, poles, etc
is not restricted to my knowledge.

Google
creosote "restricted use"

Federally [USA] it is a restricted use pesticide- which means that not
just anybody can go buy a gallon and slather it on.

state by state its usage is regulated differently- from outright bans-
to don't use in the water.

Well- maybe not bans. I thought it was banned in NY but it can still
be used on railroad ties and utility poles-
http://www.state.ny.us/governor/press/0726072.html

Jim