Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Safari

FrozenNorth wrote:
J. Clarke wrote:

FrozenNorth wrote:

"Standard" is not measured by popularity, but by adherence to
internationally recognized protocols.

If 90 percent of the installed base is adhering to a single
vendor's
protocols, and the remaining 20 percent is adhering to
"internationally recognized protocols" then the "internationally
recognized protocols" become nonstandard.

Do you always give 110%?

Yup, the only way to get ahead.

;-)

Back on topic, Craftsman is the standard in woodworking tools,
just
because they made/sold good stuff many years ago?

Oh, I see, you take "standard" as being some measure of quality,
not
of commonality.

Correct, you are starting to see the "light".
;-)

You are putting politics ahead of utility, which makes you a fool.

Politics has nothing to do with it, utility and quality have
everything to do with it.

If I click on a link and the page won't open or won't function
properly, then the utility is nonexistent and with no utility
"quality" becomes irrelevant.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)