Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Safari

FrozenNorth wrote:
J. Clarke wrote:

FrozenNorth wrote:
J. Clarke wrote:

And target or no, I've never had a security problem.

The major security problem with Windows is all the crap that
people
add because Norton and other such hucksters have convinced them
that
they need it in order to be safe.

I used to dink around with nonstandard operating systems.
Finally
realized that I had to make a decision--do I want to get work
done
or
do I want to make a political statement.

"nonstandard operating systems", and you picked M$, BWAHAHAHAHA

M$ is not standard, by any stretch of the imagination.

OK, so what is "standard" and back that up with numbers for the
installed base.

"Standard" is not measured by popularity, but by adherence to
internationally recognized protocols.

If 90 percent of the installed base is adhering to a single vendor's
protocols, and the remaining 20 percent is adhering to
"internationally recognized protocols" then the "internationally
recognized protocols" become nonstandard.

Back on topic, Craftsman is the standard in woodworking tools,
just
because they made/sold good stuff many years ago?

Oh, I see, you take "standard" as being some measure of quality,
not
of commonality.

Correct, you are starting to see the "light".
;-)

You are putting politics ahead of utility, which makes you a fool.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)