Posted to uk.d-i-y
Invisible Man[_2_] Invisible Man[_2_] is offline

Default Garden Erection

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Bruce wrote:
If you are unable or unwilling to do either, move somewhere else.
You pompous ****.

Entirely typical of your approach to this whole non-problem of yours.

I assume by that you live on some sink estate so are used to looking at
rubbish?

Your attitude will be the death of you.

Really?

Bit of a conundrum.
Our neighbours recently got planning permission for an extension one
metre from our side boundary that will take virtually all of the sun off
the back of our house. Only change we got was that a window that would
have looked straight over the six feet fence on to the whole of our
garden had to be glazed with obscure glass.
We have planted Portuguese laurels along the boundary which will hide
the extension (subject to the high hedges act) but will lose us a little
more light. A nice catoniasta might to wonders for your neighbour's
tarpaulin but probably the first thing to do is to send them a photo and
ask if they would like to come round for coffee to see if anything more
easy on the eye could be worked out. Hopefully you do not have
neighbours like ours who think they can cause damage to other people's
property whenever it suits them on the basis it benefits them!