Posted to uk.d-i-y
rgrgrgr rgrgrgr is offline

Default energy saving monitor

"Janice" wrote in message
Hi, I have an energy saving monitor (not Wattson) and having read

Crispin's
post I wonder if anyone has made a device so that it is possible to

receive
the signal from the sender on the meter directly into a computer and then
record the electricity usage directly?

My present monitor just displays the usage in real time and if I want to
keep a record of my electricity usage I just read my meter once a week and
enter it in a spreadsheet.

Janice

How about getting a CurrentCost, which costs around £30?
It has a serial port which squirts out power consumption data every 6
seconds.
I've got one, and had much DIY fun building the hardware and software to
interface it to a PC, but you can get that stuff readymade if you want:
http://www.currentcost.com/index.html
http://www.ecogadgetshop.co.uk
http://currentcost.wetpaint.com/?t=anon
http://www.sgurr.co.uk/lundycam/ener...interface.html