Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alang Alang is offline

Default Identify this old bulb please

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 14:46:03 +0000, (A.Lee) wrote:

D.M. Procida wrote:

I put a picture of it at:

http://esquivalier.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=532
It says on it: Stanley 8V0.15A
It's from an old Sony radio tuner.

Where, nowadays, can one find small bulbs like this?

Independant Radio/TV/Electrical shops.
The sort that used to mend TV's. There is one near me who keeps such
stuff in.
How he makes a living I dont know, as his shop is easily 50% dearer than
Comet et al for new goods.

That's if they will sell you it. I went to our local independent
radio/tv shop a few years ago asking to buy a 300ma AS fuse for the
portable TV. No way would the guy sell me a fuse. He wanted me to
fetch it in so he could repair it at £20 an hour. I had to drive into
town and buy a pack of 4 from the wholesaler. I never bought anything
from the local trader ever again