Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] tinnews@isbd.co.uk is offline

Default Price Of Lightbulbs

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article ,
Andy Champ wrote:
You need a better LCD. Colour rendition might be suspect, response time
slow, but they are so much sharper, and that is what really matters for
text.

The sharpness of a CRT depends on the number of dots per inch and the
bandwidth of the electronics. As well as it working correctly, of course.
If an LCD is sharper, you're not comparing like for like spec wise. But as
regards text my old CRT was better than this LCD running anything other
than native resolution.

So why would you do anything but run the LCD at its native resolution?

But then this computer uses anti-aliasing for text.

Whatever, my Dell LCD is sharper than any CRT monitor I have ever used
including a number of relatively esoteric monochrome ones.

--
Chris Green