Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Oil

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 00:19:24 GMT, The Medway Handyman wrote:

I suspect the predudice surrounding WD40 is because (a) its American &
(b) its hugely successful.

Since when have either of those been good endorsements of a product.

WD40 has had good marketing but when it comes down to it it is not even
approaching mediocre from many of the jobs it gets promoted or used used
for. It can be a quick fix but in my experience the same problem will
return, probably worse, within a year or two. Where as using a proper
lubricant would cure the problem full stop.

--
Cheers
Dave.