Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson Andrew Mawson is offline

Default starting diesel transit that's not run for a year...

"Mike Harrison" wrote in message
I have a diesel transit (2.5L K reg) that hasn't been run for a year

or so, but was formerly a very
quick starter, even when cold - have been through a few

charge/try-to-start cycles, (maybe a total
of a couple of mins cranking in 10 sec bursts) with no signs of

life - I'm guessing fuel may have
run back & isn't getting through - ISTR something similar a while

ago when it wasn't run for a
while.

Any hints for how to get it going - is there an easy way to prime

the pump etc.? Is it possible that
the fuel shutoff valve has stuck?

If it's as cold with you as it is here (-6 this morning) then possibly
you have frozen droplets of water in the fuel stopping it flowing. My
Thwaites dumper truck took me a good half hour to start yesterday as a
fuel pipe was frozen solid

AWEM