Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Price Of Lightbulbs

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 00:22:03 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Could you list in what ways your LCD is better? Only thing I prefer is
the size and weight...

An ordindary office type LCD here, HP L1706. Much better than the iiyama
CRT it replaced. Same nominal screen size 17" the LCD does run at it's
native 1280 x 1024 where as the CRT was 1024 x 768 but it is still much
sharper. Always run an LCD at it's native resolution to get the best from
it.

The CRT had loads of tweaks for barrel, pincushion, trapeziod etc
distortion and convergence but I could never get it right in all four
corners at the same time. The LCD has no distortion, convergence or purity
errors anywhere.

The LCD is stable, the CRT would take a good half hour to stop drifting if
trying to do anything photographic. The colour matching between a
displayed photograph and one printed via Photobox is excellent on the LCD.
The CRT was close but couldn't reproduce a full gray scale without
crushing the blacks or clipping the whites.

Same computer, same video card, same driver suite. Just changed the
monitor.

--
Cheers
Dave.