Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Noble[_3_] Bill Noble[_3_] is offline

Default FA and also of general interest - Brunning-Wallace aircraft Protractor

the metal ribbons are available still - this one is special since its
non-magnetic - for a "regular" unit, stainless steel will work fine - just
use a bandsaw blade welder to repair the one that broke and reset the
tension arms appropriately

"steamer" wrote in message
--Very nice. What's the distance between centers on the arms? FWIW I
just replaced my left-handed Mutoh which had served me for 35 years.
Managed
to find its twin on ebay for around a hundred bucks. Curiously they're
still
available new, but prices have gone up a bit since the seventies: the
equivalent right-handed unit costs over $1,300 and left-handed ones aren't
available. Wish I knew how to repair what broke: it's the metal tensioning
ribbon; probably needs to be spot welded then heat treated? Dunno.

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Never thought I'd live to see
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : our "iron curtain" crumble...