Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Noble[_3_] Bill Noble[_3_] is offline

Default Strands drill press

let me second the VFD statement - you get soft start and fully vairable
speed and you don't have the noise of a rotary converter. the static
converter will work as well, but I can't imagine paying the price for a
phase-o-matic - it's just a capacitor and two relays, total parts cost is
about $15 - there are schematics on the web.

by the way, I have a VFD that would be suitable if you are interested (find
me via www.wbnoble.com)

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 09:01:31 -0600, "Robert Swinney"
wrote:

Press the bearing out and take it to a bearing supply house for
replacement. They are "standard"
and you should have no problems dupeing bearings and belts as necessary.
A Phase-O-Matic 'TM' will
start and run your motor quite nicely. Just be sure to buy one for the
rated HP of the drill's
motor.

Better yet, get a VFD for your drill press. About the same cost, but
you get variable speed. A very handy addition to any drill press.

Karl