Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ Andy Champ is offline

Default Terraced House design (lower kitchen - sorry - been covered before)

John wrote:
Sorry - but I can't remember the opinions given to the point about most
terraced houses having a step down into the kitchen and the back bedroom.
Would anyone care to refresh my memory as I mentioned the fact to someone
and they are now seeking an answer to this never before noticed fact.

Seen a lot like that in Norwich. Front room, back room leading (to/off)
the stairs; 3rd bed/box off the 2nd bedroom and a step down; kitchen,
bathroom on a long thin bit out of the back only accessible from the
back downstairs room. I suspect mostly late 19th/early 20thC.

Andy