Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Lino on unlevel floorboards

wrote:
On 28 Dec, 19:21, "R D S" wrote:
I pulled the laminate up from our bathroom floor to replace it with lino.
The floor isn't in bad condition but there are a couple of boards which are
thinner than the rest, unnoticable before but now more obvious when you step
there.
It isn't bothering me enough to warrant doing anything drastic but I have
wondered about 'plastering' over the depressed parts with something.
I guess it would have to be something uncrumbly, any ideas on something that
would work well?
Best I can come up with is a bit of tarmac

Ta.

Dear RDS
Under such circumstances surely the appropriate course of action is to
raise the two boards and plate the joists below with suitable shims of
thin ply so the boards are now level.
17th and early 18th C houses normally had each area of contact with
the joist in a board planed across the grain to allow the exact fit
which is why it was so important to label such boards when lifting and
relaying so they all went in the right place.
Chris

But then he'd have to lift the WC