Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default ACQ lumber experience

"Bob F" wrote in message

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
On Dec 29, 4:46 pm, " wrote:
On Dec 29, 5:38 pm, Oren wrote:

On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 15:47:41 -0500, "MiamiCuse"

wrote:
I just had 250 linear feet of wood fence installed a year ago. The fence
posts are 4x4 PT spaced every four feet. I poured 12"x12"x12" hole for
concrete and the 4x4 sits 8" deep in it. It's hot and humid termite heaven
Miami, I hope they will not rot away in 2 years I would be ****eddddddddd!

MC

Pour a tad of diesel fuel around base of the posts, and brush a little
at the base of the post.

Telephone poles have creosote for a reason

creosote is no longer used, its illegal

Does anyone know what telephone poles use NOW?

I believe the guys installing the pole down the street from me a month ago
said the used creosote.

I should add, that the bottom of the pole where the creosote was was wrapped in
heavy green plastic, to cut down on transfers to the soil, and I assume, to the
workers.