Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default animal noise above first floor of 2-story home

ap wrote:
Hello all,
We live in a 2-story home with an attic here in Georgia. Typically,
this time of year, we used to hear noises coming from the attic due to
rats/squirrels getting in the openings.

Nowadays, though, I'm also hearing noises coming from above the first
floor. It seems like some animals have gotten in above the first
floor.

My question is: how can they get in? and are there gaps/openings for
them to get in ? What is in between floors?

Sorry for the dumb question, but I just need to be knowledgeable on
the house. Looking at it from the outside, it's not obvious.

Any links to good house diagrams diagrams appreciated...

And is there a solution to preventing this?

Thank you!

Hi,
You mean rat? Yuch! I live in rat free country.
Animals ad critters can come thru any cracks, gaps, openning no matter
how small it is. Your house seems porous as far as animals are concerned.