Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Can I replace my own sewer pipe?

On Dec 29, 2:30*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I'm wondering what it would take to replace the section of sewer pipe
from my house to the right of way. We have very sandy soil and no
trees in the front yard to be concerned with. I'm thinking it's about
a 30' foot run, but I don't know how deep it is. I'm in western NY
about a mile south of Lake Ontario. The town has already replaced
their section of the sewer with PVC and I'd like to do the same with
mine.

Is this something I could do with a couple of shovels, some help and a
lot of time or is heavy equipment absolutely required?

What makes you think yours needs replacing. With no trees and sandy
soil it may last forever.

If it aint broke.....

Jimmie