Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Sanford & Sons Junk Yard

AL A wrote:
Terry Coombs wrote:

What part of the world do you live in ? There's hobbycasters
scattered all over the place ... If you're anywhere near west
Tennessee I might be interested .

Thanks, Terry. I know there are a number of folks around here that do
hobby casting, though none of them well enough to invite myself
over....
I appreciate the offer, but West Tennessee is a drive from here, I'm
in NE Mass-A-chew-sets, about 30 miles N of Boston. Would love to see
Tennessee, though.

We have a pretty active model engineers club that meets not far from
here, I have a friend that is a member and regular at the meetings.
This might enough motivation to get me out the join, like I have been
planning to for quite a while.

Gotta make me a pattern, I suppose.

Thanks,
AL

So it would appear ... did you know you can melt small amounts of aluminum
in a flowerpot with a handheld propane torch ? A melt of 8 oz wouldn't be
all that difficult , and would quite likely handle your clamp part .
Google flower pot foundry ...
--
Snag
every answer