Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Sanford & Sons Junk Yard

AL A wrote:
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
Actually, Sponenburgh & Sons.

SNIP
It was also too good to scrap. I'd just gotten my son a new
mid-range digital camera, so we decided to make a Saturday afternoon
project of it.

LLoyd

Nice work! I have a similar old Bogen tripod that someone gave me. It
is complete (no head, though) except that one of the clamps that you
use to adjust the legs is missing. Looks like it would be not all
that hard to make one, though the original was from a casting. Would
be a simple pattern to make, that would much simplify the
fabrication. I have no casting capability right now, though I do have
a small electric furnaace that could easily melt enough aluminum. May
be an excuse for some low grade casting experiments. Or maybe I gotta
find a casting buddy near by who is already set up. Consider me
inspired...

What part of the world do you live in ? There's hobbycasters scattered all
over the place ... If you're anywhere near west Tennessee I might be
interested .
--
Snag
every answer