Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default #OT# More BS on oil supplies

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 15:37:28 -0500, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

"Wes" wrote in message

snip

I've said before and I'll say it again. Put a nuke plant next door and
give me reasonably
priced power and I'm all for it. Beats having a chemical plant next
door.

Wes

Nukes are underappreciated. The cooling water stream from our Oyster Creek
plant grows the biggest crabs you ever saw -- they're as big as roosters.
And that green glow makes them easier to catch at night. All you have to
do
is get past the extra claw or two and the third eye sticking out the top
of
their head. d8-)

You're kidding, right? There have been no radioactive releases from
there, have there?

I'm kidding, right. But not about the size of the crabs. They'd make a good
nightmare. Did you ever see the movie "The Loved One," where Mr. Joyboy
tells about his bad dream, in which the lobsters are tearing apart Mom's
flesh? (Mom weighed 400+ pounds.) I think these are the critters.

I lived next door to (15 crow-miles) and swam downstream of the San
Onofre nuke plant for 34 years and never knew it was there other than
the occasional test of the warning horns. Those were highly publicized
prior to testing so nobody got hurt or panicked.

Hmmm. This explains a few things. d8-)

http://tinyurl.com/mhs6k

--
Ed Huntress