Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Oil

After serious thinking The Medway Handyman wrote :
Could someone explain the apparent witch hunt of WD40 around here? IMO its
an excellent product.

I find it works as a quick, but temporary fix. It soon evaporates and
stops working, but leaving a sticky deposit behind. I have had cans
where there has been a slight leak. All that is left is a thick sticky
mess which attracts dirt with little in the way of lubrication
properties. I find it does excel at cleaning things such as dirty, oily
grubby rear wheels on motor bikes due to the chain lubrication - spray
on, wipe the dirt off.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)