Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Washing Machine drains into Shower

On Dec 29, 10:30*am, "Big Bubba" wrote:
I have a washing machine and a shower in my basement. *They are separated by
a wall. *When the washing machine drains the water comes up the shower
drain. *Most of the time it doesn't overflow and after a few minutes the
shower drains itself. *Every once in a while it will overflow in the shower
and not drain at all, like yesterday. *I ran a 25 foot snake down the drain
and it now acts as it always has.

I'd like for the washing machine not have water come up the shower drain.
Is it just a clog in the drain or is there something else, like poor design,
in play here?

TIA for any ideas.

BR

I ran a 25 foot snake down the drain and it now acts as it always
has.

Please explain "now it acts like it always has".

I can't tell from your post if "acts like it always has" means it's
now just backing up into the shower a little bit or now it's draining
completely with no back up. In other words, has this set-up *ever*
worked properly, or has it always backed up into the shower?