Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Strands drill press

Robert Swinney wrote:
Karl sez:

"Better yet, get a VFD for your drill press. About the same cost, but
you get variable speed. A very handy addition to any drill press."

Not so better yet, IMO! The drill press may already have variable speed. Besides, I would think
the OP would rather use it in its original configuration, ...

Luddite! G Excused only on the "may already have variable speed" clause.

Seriously, I would never be without a VFD on a drill press. It is SO
convenient. A really good example: drill a tap hole at some dialed-in
speed, change the bit for a tap, dial in the tap speed, & tap. I have a
60 rpm to 1440 rpm range at the twist of a dial. Sweet!!

And not that expensive on eBay. VFD's have to be one the of the best
bargains around. Right up there with the HF angle grinder in terms of
bang-for-the-buck.

Don't talk to ME about static phase converters G,
Bob