Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Noble[_2_] Bill Noble[_2_] is offline

Default FA and also of general interest - Brunning-Wallace aircraft Protractor

I picked this up at an estate garage sale - the prior owner was a
non-degreed engineer who worked aerospace companies in the southland -
Northrup, Lockheed, Boeing, and so on - he was a member of the alpha romeo
club and built models and stuff - had some small machines. The folks
cleaning the house filled a dumpster with stuff - I went through the
dumpster and found a nice starrett square part, some material and several
other things that were of more value to me than much of the stuff they were
selling (mostly clapped out cheap tools) - there is a moral there for estate
sellers

"Steve Lusardi" wrote in message
Bill,
One man's junk is another man's treasure. Yes, I would like the file.
Please remove the nospam from my address. I must ask the question. Where
did you find this?
Steve

"Bill Noble" wrote in message
this is part shameless shilling for an item I'm selling and part a
generous offer -

The shill part - I picked up (at an estate) a very pristing drafting
engine, packaged as a "aircraft protractor" - If any of you folks can add
words of insight to my auction description so this thing will make me
wealthy beyond my wildest dreams, please let me know - here is the
auction link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300283573074. From the
Military order number and the fact that it refers to the army air corps
not the USAF, I am guessing that this is a 1942 vintage item - am I
right?

Bill
www.wbnoble.com