Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus25423 Ignoramus25423 is offline

Default Involuntary Usenet Vacation over, and a Trencher to fix.

On 2008-12-29, Bruce L Bergman wrote:
Not-so-Old "Old" compooter picked up a Trojan through MSIE and a
hacked website ful of Nastyware, still have to wipe and rebuild it.
(Q: How do I dual-boot XP and Ubuntu?)

Install XP first, Ubuntu second and answer "yes" when it asks you that
it found XP and offers to dual boot.

Think "easy" and "safe". You will have to learn some "Linuxisms" as you
go along, but Ubuntu is a very good way to do so. Ubuntu is _almost_ to
the point where I would give it to my mother -- and she does _not_
understand computers.

(Note -- they added a few too many features at once to 8.04, one of
which broke the Windows file sharing unless you're a bit of a Linux
geek. For me, it allowed me to become more of a Linux geek. You may
not want to go there, so consider 8.10 which I've heard hints of being
better, or getting the last "7." version.)

They both work OK for me. I have upgraded everything at home to 8.10.
posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/