Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Robert Swinney Robert Swinney is offline

Default 10EE Spindle taper

Steve, whyn't you ping Ned Simmons? He supplied some filament transformers when I helped a friend
overhaul a 10EE several years ago. Ned is a major source of 10EE smarts and parts.

Bob Swinney

"Steve Lusardi" wrote in message ...
For those of you who may care, the spindle taper of the Clausing 10EE is a
number 12 Jarno taper. I discovered this trying to help resolve Iggy's lathe
issues. So perhaps some of you may know of a source for 12 Jarno to MT, 5C
collet adapters and a test bar in anticipation of Iggy's request. Jarno
tapers are identified by a taper of .6" per foot and numbered in 1/8" at the
major diameter like 12 x .125 = 1.500" major diameter.
Steve