Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] mattbarra@gmail.com is offline

Default Strands drill press

I am looking for information on a Strands MPB-54 drill press. I
recently found one in the basement of my fathers house and have begun
to refurbish it.
If anyone has any experience with one of these I would greatly
appreciate any insight.
The press was purchased at an auction and is a world war II relic. It
is overall in pretty good shape, there seems to be only one blown
bearing and everything else looks to be pretty well maintained. The
wiring will eventually become an issue, it is a 3-phase 240 and my
plan is to connect to a phase-o-matic converter to solve this issue.
Although I am open to suggestions.
Any thoughts or links would be greatly appreciated.
I also have some pics if anyone is interested.

Thanks in advance,
Matt