Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default Gas bayonet fitting

geoff coughed up some electrons that declared:

In message , Alang
writes
I would assume it to be at least good practice to not rely on a bayonet
for an indefinite period (knowing what we do now about safety)

If they are considered dangerous there needs to be a national
advertising campaign to alert the public to the dangers and a
government backed process to have them all replaced. Wonder why that
has never happened? Could it be that the majority of such connectors
are the same as the one sitting unused in my kitchen with the
probability of a fault no worse than on any other gas fitting?

the cost ?

Unfortunately that didn't stop Part P and a host of other unnecessary
********.

There are so many things that need campaigns - think about roof slates
for example - walk along any shop fronted high street an look and see
how many displaced / loose tiles you see

So many other examples

National campaigns cost money and governments tend to be reactive not
pre-emptive

"Roof tile falls on MP's dog"