2manytoyz

Default A craftsman table saw?!

Consider spending a little more now, and having all the saw you'll probably
need for a long time. I'd suggest looking at the Jet JWTS-10JF
saw.

That being said, I have a 10" Craftsman TS with a XR-2424 fence. I added
the PALS system ($21.99):
http://www3.woodcraft.com/PowerToolA...orking/895.htm I now
have a very good, quite accurate TS... for a contractor saw. It works well
enough that the similarly priced competition doesn't warrant the idea of a
swap. When I do sell this one, I'll make a move to a cabinet saw. I don't
have a big enough shop yet to house such a beast. No regrets for now, but
if I had a choice of buying this one new, or the Jet, I'd go with the Jet.
Cast iron seems nice but that just means it's heavier to move. As long as
vibration wasn't an issue, I'd be just as happy with stamped steel wings.
Easier to clean, nothing falls through.

Will trade one accurized Craftsman TS for one NIB Unisaw, or maybe that new
Dewalt hybrid model...

Robert

"Wade Lippman" wrote in message

http://www.sears.com/sr/product/summ...id=00924830000

This is $500, and there is a 10% discount for hardware week, or something
like that.
So it is $450 for alot of cast iron. (the router table piece is cast iron
also.)

It is only a 24" fence, but I don't expect to do much bigger than that.
The fence didn't feel as positive as the deltas or jets, but I can always

go
to a better fence some day; right? (besides, that is 6" less inches I need
in my already cramped "shop".)

So, is it a gimicky piece of junk, or does it offer a lot of features for
the price. (It is a step up from the router table I am using now.)