Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] fictitious@gmail.com is offline

Default Lino on unlevel floorboards

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 19:21:43 -0000, "R D S" wrote:

I pulled the laminate up from our bathroom floor to replace it with lino.
The floor isn't in bad condition but there are a couple of boards which are
thinner than the rest, unnoticable before but now more obvious when you step
there.
It isn't bothering me enough to warrant doing anything drastic but I have
wondered about 'plastering' over the depressed parts with something.
I guess it would have to be something uncrumbly, any ideas on something that
would work well?
Best I can come up with is a bit of tarmac

Ta.

You mention a couple of boards being "low" but what about gaps between
the boards...are there any cos they'll show up just as badly after a
while of it being walked on . As others have suggested boarding the
whole floor is probably the only solution.