Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Best web forum?

R D S wrote:
"Lobster" wrote in message
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember "ARWadsworth"
saying something like:

No one seems to find the d-i-y when they search for newsgroups.
Hardly surprising. What prize **** put the hyphens in when it was first
done?

As it happens, that would be me.

LOL!
Fair play to you for stepping up.

Yeah... must be 15+ years ago; I really can't remember why or how the
hyphens got in there but clearly with hindsight it wasn't the best move.

It was certainly pre-world-web-web and google etc, so IIRC search tools
etc weren't around as we know them, and I'm guessing it was just an
arbitrary choice which nobody ever objected to when the newsgroup went
through the normal rigmarole of voting etc.

David