Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Sony Plasma takes 100 goes to turn on

On Dec 25, 2:47*pm, "Johno222" wrote:
It eventually turns on - but you have to press the remote 100 times and it
tries to turn on but doesnt.

Try new batteries in the remote, clean the batteries and battery
contacts when you install them, I use a little DeOxit then dont touch
with your fingers. I have often gotten them to work just by cleaning.
Get a cheap replacement remote. Clean the sensor on the TV Clean the
IR emitter on the remote, mine got filled with peanut butter, I hope
thats what it was. Ill let you decide the most logical order to
perform this in.