Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus23756 Ignoramus23756 is offline

Default Involuntary Usenet Vacation over, and a Trencher to fix.

On 2008-12-29, Bruce L Bergman wrote:
Not-so-Old "Old" compooter picked up a Trojan through MSIE and a
hacked website ful of Nastyware, still have to wipe and rebuild it.
(Q: How do I dual-boot XP and Ubuntu?)

Install XP first, Ubuntu second and answer "yes" when it asks you that
it found XP and offers to dual boot.

Bought new Vista SP1 x64 machine, just getting all moved in and
comfortable, and at the same time bought Agent 5.0 and have to learn
this whole Desks and Personas business. And get the preferences and
button bars and frames all back where I want them and nailed down.

Then I have to start experimenting and see which programs can cope
with a monitor that rotates to Portrait Mode on the fly. I think I
gave Firefox a heart attack (or at least a kernel panic) when I tried
it.

And I have to start rebuilding my kook filters (some fools take
twenty or thirty entries) and search through a month's backlog...

Sounds like the first thing to do, would be to get automatic backups
working.

Okay, anything important I missed? Births, Deaths, Epic "You
Suck!"s...

Backup

Next on the agenda: Getting a borrowed Case Davis Fleetline 12+2
trencher running again so I can put it to work. 16 HP (?) one-lung
Briggs with a Zenith carb and that nifty belt-drive Delco
starter/generator. It cranks, and it /almost/ starts...

Have to get the sprinklers and drainage fixed this winter, Or Else.
Place looks like Okies live here, and I don't wanna be the worst
looking house on the block any more.

-- Bruce --

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/