Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default Wall mounted fan heater in bathroom

Pete Verdon coughed up some electrons that declared:

Brass Monkey wrote:
Is it a definite no no to plug said heater into a switched 13A socket
high on the wall?
TIA

Always used to be, but under new regulations you might be lucky if your
bathroom is big enough.

Someone will be a long in a minute :-)

Sockets are only permitted over 3m from Zone 1.

Other than shaver sockets.

But the rules on "current using appliances" that are hard wired in are
different. I think it can come off a fused spur as long as it's 0.6m from
the edge of Zone 1 (bath or shower edge), ie it's outside of the zones.

Sockets are a special case due to morons and hairdryers.

Brass Monkey:

How far away from the bath/shower edge can you get the heater - and how
high? If you can tell us, I'll look it up and quote verbatim.

Would the heater be one designed for bathroom use?

Cheers

Tim