Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default Best web forum?

Unbeliever coughed up some electrons that declared:

Trouble is, that one persons 'best web forum' is anothers persons poison -
so the question that you pose is unanswerable really - just simply go
through the 100,000 plus news groups/forums and see what 'turns you on'.

Unbeliever

I just showed uk.d-i-y to someone who'd never seen it (or USENET) before.

I showed them a Google Groups window and a Thunderbird to NNTP session and
left them to it for an hour.

Guess which one they preferred?

Personally, USENET, IMO kicks the crap out of all web forums. Quicker to
reply, quicker to intersperse sentences between bits of quoted material,
easier (possible at all) to killfile people, threads, and other arbitray
things.

Cheers

Tim