Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Can anyone mend my telly?

Dave Baker wrote:
Me has a Ferguson 28" Dolby telly about 15 years old wot worked fine for
several years and then wouldn't switch on. A mate who repaired computers had
a look and it was just a single thingy (resistor or capacitor I think) in
what he said was called the power circuit. He soldered a new one in and it
worked again for a few more years and then died again. I'm guessing it's the
same thing broken. Said mate no longer plays with electrickery things having
found himself a bonkable girlfriend finally for the first time in 40 years.
I can't argue with that. We all have to lose our virginity sometime.

I know I'll get ripped off in spades if I take it to a "proper" repair shop.
Anyone near enough to Amersham that I can drive to fancy having a crack at
it? I'm thinking Mr Plowman might have the necesary skills.

complete waste of time guessing.
http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index....=Fault_Finding

NT