Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arthur2 Arthur2 is offline

Default Terraced House design (lower kitchen - sorry - been covered before)

"John" wrote in message
Sorry - but I can't remember the opinions given to the point about most
terraced houses having a step down into the kitchen and the back bedroom.
Would anyone care to refresh my memory as I mentioned the fact to someone
and they are now seeking an answer to this never before noticed fact.

The house spent most of my childhood in had a step down into
a small back bedroom that had no electric light. The kitchen floor was
level with the rest of the gound floor.
Also had 3 cellars one of which had a water boiler..big concrete bowl/basin
type thing.
other 2 cellars had the old ranges...5 foot high things with a cast iron
oven next to coal basket.

(excuse me...lump in my throat)

Arthur