Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Removing linoleum

George wrote:

So? There has never been a proven case of any deleterious effect
caused by any commercial asbestos product. This includes the dust
from brake pads.

Really? tell that to the folks who got cancer because they worked in
shipyards and locomotive shops where asbestos was used as insulation.

Be glad to do so. But there aren't any. At least none have been found.

Oh, there have been people who got cancer AND worked in shipyards, but they
got cancer because they got cancer and not BECAUSE they worked in shipyards
or around asbestos. I'm sure some would disagree (i.e., trial lawyers) just
as there are those who believe in the deleterious effects of silicone breast
implants, flouridation, and thimerisol.

And to think someone thought you were just a gadfly...

I'm not JUST a gadfly. I can also wiggle my nose (but only for private
audiences).