Posted to alt.home.repair
gpsman gpsman is offline

Default Removing linoleum

On Dec 27, 10:49*am, wrote:
My question is: *What is the easiest way
to remove the linoleum? *Thanks.

Back in the '60s we (once) used a Bernz-O-Matic to heat the tiles and
soften the old mastic for scraping. Worked pretty good... until as
the last tiles were being heated and the flame reached across that
tile to the "bare" floor the room burst into flames.

So, if you're going to do it that way, I'd recommend plenty of
ventilation.

Linoleum doesn't require much in the way of adhesive, since it's as
flat on the bottom as the top. If you can just scape up the tiles and
any boogers the leftover mastic should be easy to bury in whatever
adhesive you plan to use.
-----

- gpsman