Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_4_] Steve Barker[_4_] is offline

Default Plastic electrical boxes.

you must be using some substandard brand plastic boxes. i've never stripped
one out and i always use the dewalt drill to drive the screws in and out.
Also, why do you ground plastic?

"EXT" wrote in message
anews.com...

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
news
ease of use, don't have to fuptz around grounding them, cheaper, uh,
uh , uh. I don't see a down side myself.

Here in Canada, plastic boxes still have a grounding strap that you have
to attach the ground wire to. No savings in time nor trouble. I find that
the screws for switches and receptacles strip out of the plastic quite
easily if the screw is removed for work a couple of times.