Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Plastic electrical boxes.

Not that I plan to do this, but how *would* one properly bond BX or pipe
to a plastic box? you got me curious...

nate

Tom Horne wrote:
Plastic boxes are very useful in any environment were corrosion will
be a problem. They are the box of choice in buildings that house
large animals. I prefer them when wiring the outside walls of a
basement. They have there uses much like any other material. The
only time I get vexed by there use is when they are mixed in with
metal raceway or metal covered cable because the bonding is seldom
done correctly.

--
Tom Horne

On Dec 27, 9:12 pm, Aaron Fude wrote:
I know that all pros hate those plastic electrical boxes, but I' have
been using them anyway. Having put up drywall, I have just for the
first time realized that the notches that mark how far out the new-
work box should stick out are 3/8". What gives? Isn't 1/2" drywal
standard? Now all of my boxes are 1/8" too deep.

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel