Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Peter Hucker Peter Hucker is offline

Default Digital vs Analog cordless Phone? Health Radiation is the same?

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 22:25:11 -0000, Charles wrote:

"lbbss" wrote in message
more power equals more radiation? is that correct?

I read some info on the web suggesting that the new Dect technology is
worst for you, because of the lower frequencies (1.9Ghz) affects your
cells in a negative way.

More power means more tissue heating and that (heating) is the concern. RF
heats tissues. Stick a hot dog in the microwave as a basic experiment.

Non-ionizing energy sources just do heat damage. A dozen mW or even
hundreds of them are of no concern. The temperature rise is almost
impossible to measure after it passes through thick skulls.

If it were heating, you would feel it heating your flesh surely?

"You seem to have a cracked vertebrae." the Emergency Room doctor told the high school aged boy. "What happened?"
"Well, you see," the teenager replied, "I was kissing my girl good-night and damned if her brother didn't come out the back door and step right in the middle of my back."