Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cash Cash is offline

Default Lino on unlevel floorboards

R D S wrote:
I pulled the laminate up from our bathroom floor to replace it with
lino. The floor isn't in bad condition but there are a couple of
boards which are thinner than the rest, unnoticable before but now
more obvious when you step there.
It isn't bothering me enough to warrant doing anything drastic but I
have wondered about 'plastering' over the depressed parts with
something. I guess it would have to be something uncrumbly, any ideas on
something that would work well?
Best I can come up with is a bit of tarmac

Ta.

Cover it with a sheet[s] of WPB (marine) plywood of a suitable thickness and
screwed down at the edges and middle of the board[s] to enable it to be
lifted if necessary.

NB: At a pinch, you could even do the same thing with hardboard!

BTW "plastering" over the boards is not generally a good idea for a number
of reasons.

Cash