Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Remove possible mildew

On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 19:00:13 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Our kitchen sink pipes broke. The pipes are fixable; however, I have
no idea what's happening between the bottom of the sink and the floor.
I'm not a carpenter and would prefer not to hire someone to remove the
sink floor for $$ sake. Is there something I can spray/pipe between
the cracks into the under the sink and floor? Is there some anti
mildew foam or spray with a long plastick hose to fit in hard to reach
areas that could be used?

Thanks in advance.

The most important thing is to eliminate any water leakage. Mold
won't grow without water/moisture. Bleach will kill active mold, but
mold will certainly return if there is water.