Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Heat your home with coal

On Dec 27, 3:48*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"Pete C." wrote in message

ster.com...

Steve Barker wrote:

while you're at it, search for auto fatalities. *Gonna quit driving also?

It's a matter of practical, safer alternatives. There are few
alternatives to autos, unless you live in a big city, but there are
plenty of safer alternatives to nat gas appliances / heating.

I did the search on CNN. They were in the Ukraine, a pub in Ireland, etc.
I'm not going to bother looking for statistics, but if you look at
fatalities by various sources, I think NG is way down on the list. *A few
years ago we did have a house in my town get leveled though. *There was a
very small leak and someone probing for it made a big gas leak that seeped
into the house. *Human error caused a small problem to become a big one..

I'd still switch to gas if I could. We use propane for cooking.

Electric fire happen everyday here in chgo from space heaters,
overloaded circuits, its news but not headlines since it didnt blow
up. Electric fires are common in winter, gas explosions rare but
exciting news