Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default Where to keep the tiny Allen wrench

"Robatoy" wrote in message
ditto on the t-handled allen keys, Both metric and SAE.
A couple are extra long with ball ends.

A couple of questions about them. Of what use are the ball ends? Seems to me
a ball end would be less grab of the screw. Are some of the hex slot bottoms
not flat necessitating ball ends? Or perhaps, a ball end enables use of a
allen key on an angle in tight places?

A number of the allen keys I've used twist and sometimes strip. Maybe the
ones I've bought are cheap. I've been considering some of the t-handled
allen keys which are longer and in the event of a strip, I could just cut
that part off and have a new fresh tip.