Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default Vented fascia (not soffit)???

Hi,

Following on from yesterday's photo session, I wonder if anyone has come
across a solution to venting fascias where there is no soffit.

I need to vent these, ideally to about 25mm continuous at least. We'll be
venting the entire roof surface through these vents so little wibbly ones
won't be much good.

Here's what I need to vent:

Inside face
http://www.dionic.net/Alveston/Dec08...G_0023_gb.html

Outside face
http://www.dionic.net/Alveston/Dec08...G_0033_gb.html

This appears to be exactly designed for the job (bottom most picture):

http://www.deerparkroofing.com/ventilation.php

But it's american and I've not found it in the UK.

Anyone know if there's a stock solution to this problem?

----------

I don't think the usual British over-fascia vent strip will work due to the
tightness of the overlap of the felt - and this job needs to be done
without damaging the felt as it was only re-done 3-4 years ago (expensive
job too).

Failing everything else, the fall back would be to cut 300mm long x 25mm
wide horizontal slots in the PVC fascia lining up with the rafter ends,
guard with mesh and apply an external rain guard to prevent driving rain
from entering (although with careful placement, the gutter might do this).

Cheers

Tim